DISTRIBUTED ENERGY INFRACTRUCTURE
Distributed Energy Infrastructure
PowerSecure’s distributed energy infrastructure solutions include distributed energy innovation, solar energy, fuel cells, energy storage, and microgrid solutions. PowerSecure is a pioneer in developing distributed power systems and integrating them into a sophisticated microgrid which can:
- forecast electricity demand and optimize the deployment of systems
- provide utilities and their commercial and industrial customers with dedicated, reliable distributed energy resources
- provide customers with the most resilient power in the industry
- create multiple value streams to the utility and its customers through distributed energy resource management utilizing our PowerControl 24/7/365 monitoring framework
PowerSecure’s experts can streamline the most complex projects. We deliver fixed-price, end-to-end development, construction, and implementation for the lifecycle of your project. Since PowerSecure manages more of the stages, you won’t have to work with multiple service providers, saving time and money. We are a proven provider of multi-measure energy efficiency projects with over $800 million of engineered, installed, and commissioned projects.
Our EES capabilities include:
- Lighting & Controls: Tailored to your customers’ exact requirements and standards
- Outdoor Lighting: Lighting experts offering turnkey utility service solutions
- Building Envelope: Comprehensive solutions from our national weatherization team
- HVAC & Mechanical: World-class mechanical construction that is savings-driven
- Electrical: Turnkey transformer retrofits and electrical upgrades
- Distributed Generation: The only true turnkey provider of distributed generation in the U.S.
- Renewables: EPC provider with 225+ MWs of installations
PowerSecure’s PowerControl Command Center is manned 24/7/365 by trained analysts ready to respond immediately and proactively to utility outages, generator alarms, emergency events, and severe weather threats.
Our Operation Center monitors and manages the health of each distributed energy resource and microgrid, reporting any change in status to our customers and utilities on a continuous basis. We currently monitor 1,800+ units generating 1.6 GW of energy at 1,797 live sites across the United States.
Our PowerControl capabilities include:
- Continuous monitoring of key system parameters and peak demand forecasting
- Encrypted communications network tunnel for ultimate data security
- Notifications of every operation, warning, and alarm for constant situational awareness and superior emergency preparedness
- Redundant control centers to ensure that there are zero surprises or service gaps
- Remote tests to monitor system health diagnostics, with custom reports available upon request
PowerSecure, a Southern Company subsidiary, is the nation’s leading distributed energy innovation company. Our team of experts has developed, installed, managed and serviced 2+ GW of microgrid capacity over the past 20 years, as well as implemented over $800 million of energy efficiency upgrades. We take a full-facility, lifecycle approach through production and management, delivering clean and resilient energy to our customers at the best possible value. By combining our product innovation capabilities with our 360 integrated processes, we offer you the best custom solution for your needs, backed by an unmatched level of expertise, quality and service.
Founded in 2000, PowerSecure is a technology company focused on distributed energy systems and the integration of multiple energy resources for basic and advanced microgrid deployments.
In 2016 PowerSecure joined the Southern Company as a wholly owned subsidiary.
Over the last 20 years, PowerSecure has deployed over 1700 microgrid systems (*85% of the U.S. market share), and boasts **98.7% system reliability, exceeding industry standards.
We are a proven provider of multi-measure energy efficiency projects with $800+ million engineered, installed and commissioned projects.
THE POWERSECURE DIFFERENCE
Solutions Based Offering
Single stop-shop for solutions across the electric grid. A full range of products and services – engineering, power generation, energy storage, system protections, controls, full service, 24/7/365 monitoring capabilities, LED lighting, efficiency services and many others.
98.7% system reliability. Third-party verified and based on data from 1700+ distributed energy resources.
Installed and monitored more than 1700+ sites, interconnected with more than 300 utilities, and $800 million of energy efficiency.
Registered Professional Engineers on staff with more than 2+ MW of distributed energy design and $800 million of energy efficiency experience.
Deep and broad knowledge of how utilities produce, transmit, distribute, transform and sell electricity. We apply that knowledge to match our solutions with the needs of both the end customer and utility.
We are the designer and engineer. Weare the manufacturer, the installer andservice provider, creating a single source of accountability.
WE DISTINGUISH OURSELVES WITH IN-HOUSE 360 INTEGRATION
PowerSecure’s 360 integrated delivery model allows for our innovative energy solutions to be deployed in an effective and efficient way. Although each solution is unique, the same gold standard of rigor is applied to its creation and on-going management. We also apply our knowledge of energy efficiency to deploy a best available technologies approach, to meet your facility’s energy efficiency objectives. Learn more about how we design, build, implement and manage your solution
Concept and Design
There is no one-size-fits-all solution. Customer-specific customization occurs on many levels. We work with you to understand your system objectives to develop a solution that meets the unique needs of your facility and maximizes economic value.
Building and Implementation
Our in-house experts work in our 400,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility, with an unmatched capacity to produce quality, custom solutions. Building from the ground up, our state-of-the-art equipment and artificial intelligence (AI) technology ensures efficiency and accuracy for your microgrid or energy efficiency solution.
We are the largest on-demand service provider in the industry. We combine technical expertise with dedicated resources to ensure your assets remain in top operational condition, both through everyday use and unanticipated events.
Lifetime Technology Assessment
We develop our solutions to have long operational lifespans and in conjunction with our performance management, working to maximize the economic value of the solution across its lifetime.